Ngày cập nhật: 23/08/21
If you’re planning to have surgery, you’ll want to spend some time preparing. Planning ahead can help ensure you have a successful procedure and heal faster with a smooth recovery.
- Hospital admission
- Be on time as instructed by your healthcare provider to prepare for your surgery.
- Plan to leave valuables items, cash at home or with a friend for safe keeping
- Arrange to have a companion with you to accompany you home or take care of you while recovering.
- Clean yourself before the surgery
- Bathe and clean yourself to avoid risk of infection post-surgery
- Remove all makeup, nail polish, piercings/jewelry, etc. from your body.
- Comp and tied up your hair
- Stop drinking. eating, smoking at least 6-8 hours before your surgery
- Follow your doctor instructions about which medications you are allowed to take and not take (some could cause side effects during the operation might be advised to stop using for a certain period of time before the time of surgery)
- Surgery duration
- Your healthcare provider will inform you about the expected duration of your surgery. To prepare, the patient might be taken in the operation room 30-45 minutes before the surgery.
- Others reminder:
- Minor patients will need their parents or guardians to accompany them to the hospital.
- If you not feeling well on the day of your surgery, inform your doctor.