Tóm tắt nội dung
- 1 Who should get tested for Covid-19?
- 2 How many Covid-19 testing methods?
- 3 How much for Covid-19 Tests?
- 4 Is the Covid-19 Quick Test accurate?
- 5 Is it safe to get tested for Covid-19?
- 6 What should I do after receiving my RT-PCR Covid-19 test results?
- 7 Do I need to get retested for COVID-19 if I get symptoms again but my first test result was negative?
- 8 Where can I get Covid-19 tests?
Who should get tested for Covid-19?
- Anyone displaying any Covid-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat)
- Anyone had close contact with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 patients
- Anyone coming back from “Covid-19 outbreak zones” that have Covid-19 case within 14 days
- Participated in activities with high chances of getting contracted with Covid-19 because you cannot keep a safe distance.
- Recommended by your authority/medical provider.
How many Covid-19 testing methods?
2 common Covid-19 testing method:
- Real Time Polymerase chain reaction (RT – PCR) Test: Receive results within 1 day
PCR test are used to directly screen for the presence of Covid-19 virus in the samples
- Antibody Test(Quick Test): Receive results within 15-60 minutes
Antibody Test shows whether the body has antibodies to the Covid-19 virus.
How much for Covid-19 Tests?
Currently Docosan’s clinics offer both Covid-19 testing method with reasonable fee:
- Real Time Polymerase chain reaction (RT – PCR) Test: 1,150,000 – 2,500,000 VNĐ
- Antibody Test(Quick Test): 170,000 – 700,000 VNĐ
Is the Covid-19 Quick Test accurate?
Covid-19 Quick Test (Antibody Test) test shows whether the body has antibodies to the virus. If antibodies are present, It suggests that the body has already dealt with SARS-CoV-2. Covid-19 Quick Test cannot not show whether a person has an active infection. But these tests are not 100% accurate and some false positive results or false negative results may occur.
Antibody test results should not be used to diagnose someone with an active infection
Is it safe to get tested for Covid-19?
Yes, it’s safe to get tested. All medical staff wear protective gear and all patients are required to follow safety procedures during the whole process.
What should I do after receiving my RT-PCR Covid-19 test results?
If your RT-PCR result is positive: you have Covid-19
– Follow the instructions and further advice from your medical provider and the authority
– Inform your travel history, contact history with other people within 14 days before the day you get tested to the authorities.
If your RT-PCR result is negative:
You did not have Covid-19 at the time you got tested. However, you still have chances of contracting Covid-19. It is recommended to follow the quarantine instruction (self-quarantine for 14 days) to protect yourself and people around you.
Do I need to get retested for COVID-19 if I get symptoms again but my first test result was negative?
A negative test result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. However, that does not mean you will not get COVID-19. If you experience symptoms again, such as a fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, change in taste or smell, stuffy nose or shortness of breath, get tested.
Where can I get Covid-19 tests?
Docosan currently has partners offering both Covid-19 tests in Ho Chi Minh city and Ha Noi. Contact our Customer Service to book your Covid-19 tests appointment.
Disclaimer:This article is intended for informational purposes only and should not be used as the basis of patient treatment.The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.