Tóm tắt nội dung
- 1 What is a Health Check certificate?
- 2 When do you need to obtain a Health Check Certificate in Vietnam?
- 3 What are the Benefits of a Health Check Certificate to the Employee and Employer?
- 4 What does the Health Check Certificate process include?
- 5 Tips when Getting Health Certificate Check-up
- 6 How much does Health Certificate Check-up cost?
- 7 Where to get your Health Certificate Check-up
What is a Health Check certificate?
A health check (or health certificate) is a document issued by a licensed hospital or medical establishment included in the Ministry of Health’s Medical Services Administration’s Official Dispatch 143/KCB-PHCN&GD dated February 5, 2015 and its amendments. Your health check certificate is needed to apply for your work permit in Vietnam as a foreigner.
Unless you have already obtained a health certificate from your country, you must get medical checkups in licensed hospitals and medical establishments in Vietnam. Such medical establishments will be listed in the next section of this article.
To be used for work permit application, the Vietnam health check validity must be no less than 6 months from the date of issuance.
When do you need to obtain a Health Check Certificate in Vietnam?
If you are an expat living in Vietnam and seeking long-term working opportunities, you will need to apply for a work permit.
Under the law of Vietnam, an application dossier must include a medical certificate issued in the employee’s foreign country. If the employee is residing in Vietnam, the health certificate must be granted under the regulations of the Ministry of Health.
In some other cases, foreigners might also need a health certificate to apply for admission to Vietnamese universities, colleges and other vocational institutions.
What are the Benefits of a Health Check Certificate to the Employee and Employer?
In addition to the sake of knowing your health conditions, you are obliged to submit a valid health certificate to apply for a work permit. This is the only way for you to work permanently in Vietnam,, or else you could face deportation along with a hefty fine.
What does the Health Check Certificate process include?
The health check process will include:
- Physical examination:
- Vital sign
- Body max index
- Physical classification
- Internal medicine:
- Circulation organ
- Respiratory organ
- Muscle- bone-joints
- Neurological status
- Mental health
- Surgical medicine
- Dermatological disease
- Subclinical Examination:
- Blood Test
- Urine Test
- Image Diagnosis
Tips when Getting Health Certificate Check-up
- Before you go, please make sure that you have 02 4 cm x 6 cm portrait photos of yourself and your passport with you. The photo must be taken in front of a white background and within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- Do not eat or drink anything except plain water for at least 12 hours prior to check up. You will not be allowed to take the blood test when you’re full.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours before beginning your program.
- Wear loose clothing.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition, bring along any test results or reports you have for the doctor to review.
How much does Health Certificate Check-up cost?
The whole package of Health Certificate Check-up usually cost around: 1,800,000 – 2,100,000 VNĐ
Where to get your Health Certificate Check-up
To choose the suitable healthcare provider that offers the Health Certificate Check-up package, please contact with Docosan Customer Service.